Saturday 29 October 2011

Menu Finished

Well, after a couple of days working in the menu, I've got something.

Yeah, I know. The menu shouldn't be one of the first things you do when you make a game. But I really needed it. It's because the Betatesters. I must be able to deliver just and executable with the maps to test in a easy way, and this simple but modular menu offered me that.

The menu was done with Scaleform ForecourseUI. Thanks a lot for the tuts Allar!

The background is a UDK level with a plane with the opacity for the silhouette for the boy, then the level rendered behind it and a particle system rendered above it. Then, in the top of the stack the UI is rendered.

For now in the menu you can quit the game, change the resolution or go to a new game (open whatever map I want).

For betatesting it's cool enought, but with time, I'm planning to integrate more options and later the load/save functions.

No comments:

Post a Comment