Tuesday 1 November 2011

[Video] Dev_Ice prototype first gameplay

Well, awesome feedback from Randy Paulk.

It's amazing the toons of mistakes and bad design I detect after watching him playing the four levels.

I must say that I've always wanted to introduce the fortune in gameplay. I like how fortune can make things difficult. I thought about 80% player skills and 20% fortune, but for what I can see, now it's more 60% player skills and 40% fortune (see levels 3 and 4). That's just BAD. And I will fix that.

Problems detected:

  • Jump (Solved)
  •  Lame menu (Solved)
  • Water shaders problems (Solved)
  •  Lack of hints (this then goes to the player making bad deductions)
  • Extremly high fortune factor
  • Annoying ice cube sound
  • Unloop music (so Randy can talk)
  • Redesign some areas (use orange as a hint)

So, let's get into work.


No comments:

Post a Comment